Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just had to share


Who is not obsessed with Giada De Laurentiis? Seriously, I don't know many women who don't envy her beauty, cooking expertise, and Ita-bulous life. In line with her fresh California spin on most simple recipes, I wanted to share her Italian Guacamole. Oh how I wish that I could prepare it by the poolside, and enjoy it in the Mediterranean sunset, with basil and fig scents lingering around the house, and purple wild flowers blooming near the roadside. Well, we can dream. In the meantime, I will definitely try to quickly whip it out in my tiny apartment's kitchen.

Giada De Laurentiis - Italian Guacamole
-Lemon Juice, 1 lemon yields
-Garlic, 1 clove
-Avocados, California (Haas), 3 fruit without skin and seeds
-Basil, 1 cup chopped
-Scallions, raw, 0.25 cup, chopped

Directions
1. In a medium bowl, stir together lemon juice, salt and garlic. Halve avocados lengthwise and discard pits and peels. Add flesh to bowl and mash coarsely with a fork.
2. Reserve some basil for garnishing, and add remainder to bowl. Add scallions and mix gently with a fork.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment